Through Chevin Forest Park to the White House, Otley

I have always been attracted to the White House which can be seen from the heart of Otley high up on the hill in the middle of Chevin Forest Park. This particular misty October Sunday morning seemed like a perfect time for a first visit. I got to Otley fairly early and set off along the lovely cobbled Station Road that has beautiful houses and front gardens towards the entrance to the park. I was delighted with the misty scenery. The White House was built at the beginning of the 18th century and was a farm house at the time. Today it is the Visitors's Centre for The Chevin Forest Park. There is also a cafe for refreshments that was open but on this occasion I did not go in as I was not ready to stop exploring yet. I walked past the house into the woods and as I did so the sun slowly started to show through the trees creating a magic atmosphere. By the time I got onto Johnny Lane leading down back to Otley the mist had lifted altogether and the misty morning turned into a beautiful sunny autumn day.











 

Comments

  1. Stunning pictures! It looks like you were at the right place at the right time, the mark of a true photographer! Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It did turn out a very satisfying day as far as photography is concerned (and beyond for that matter!). I was a happy bunny!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023