Still Life With Dried Hydrangea

I am way behind with my posts and need to find time to catch up. This still life was shot back at the end of September and processed and posted to Flickr three weeks ago.
Hydrangea has to be one of my favourite summer blooms and I also love its decadent autumn look full of amazing fading but rich colours. It is also very easy to dry retaining the colour and petals really well. Placed in the metal vintage jug it is a permanent feature either on my kitchen window sill or somewhere in the dining room. I wanted to create a rustic still life so I decided to put the jug with the hydrangeas on a randomly cut piece of hessian. I teamed it with a pair of bonsai scissors and a single red leaf from one of the stems. A dark green background makes for a nice colour combination and a grunge texture seals a rustic look. Quite pleased with this one, and Trevillion Images also liked it and accepted it!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023