Spring in the Lake District

I recently came back from a wonderful trip to Grasmere in the beloved Lake District. Still thinking about it very fondly and reliving the memories every day. There was a lot of rain but nice weather too and I got back with lots of pics to play with. Indeed at the moment I have many pics I'd like to share and hence my second post of the day. I like posting photos of the season we are currently in so my first set of images from the Lakes has spring as a theme.


Yewdale Beck at the pretty village of Coniston. It was a mainly rainy day but it brightened up in the afternoon so we decided to drive to Coniston for a cup of coffee and a quick look around. The sun was going in and out from behind the still menacing clouds. It was windy and cold too so we hung about only long enough for me to capture this pretty scene. The moody light only lasted seconds and I was pleased to have caught it. I used "smudging" on the water in postprocessing for a more painterly look and as usual applied a texture, this time the one called "Pensive" from Distressed Textures.



I love love camellia at this time of year and this one is probably the most beautiful one I have seen. Love how it is tree shaped and all the fallen petals beneath it. The cottage and the wooden fence to the left are the perfect background too.



Came across this scene while walking around Allan Bank in Grasmere one late afternoon. You cannot but be delighted when you see a mountain like this framed by beautiful pink cherry blossom.



I love this image and am not quite sure why. The composition is probably nowhere near perfect and some could contend there is no focal point either. But I feel the image does convey perfectly the idyllic atmosphere of a remote country lane and its surroundings on a fine spring day.



A classic and always cheerful bluebells scene. With bluebells all you need is a bit of not too harsh sunlight and you are sure to produce a lovely shot. I must admit the wooden gate in the background inspired me too.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023