Back To School Still Life

One of the things that make me happy is having an idea for the season's still life. On this occasion the idea actually came from the Trevillion Images wish list which they send to their photographers every Monday. When I read that bags were one of the sought after subjects my vintage satchel I use on daily basis immediately came to my mind. Since it is really an old style school bag (the kind of which I had as a schoolgirl too), and children and students are just back to school and uni/college now I thought I'd pair it with a nice notebook (my garden diary), a fountain pen, and an apple which is a symbol of learning and teaching. The composition is quite simple and unusual in my opinion and I like the fitting paper texture and desaturated tones underlying the vintage look.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023