New Book Cover

The day before yesterday I received  a Trevillion Images sales statement with a great new book cover on it. Thank you, Trevillion!


The book is written by two English authors working as a team on detective novels under the pen name of James Henry. The authors are James Gurbutt and Henry Sutton. "Yellowhammer" is their latest novel, to be released in July this year.


"Yellowhammer" is the third different title book cover this image of mine has been used for and the sixth time license has been bought for this image to be used as a book cover. You can see how it was used in the past herehere and here.

The interesting thing is that with "Yellowhammer" the image was turned into black & white for the first time. And it comes at a time when I have been thinking of creating some black & white photos again.
When I first took up photography back in 1987 I was shooting b&w film only and was not interested in colour at all. Then, with digital age, I turned to colour simply because b&w images seemed to look nowhere near as good as those shot on film. But now, with my postprocessing skills improved and the fact that my sole interest and intention in photography is to convey or create mood, I am toying with the idea of trying my hand at some black & white again. And it looks as if this new b&w book cover is telling me "go for it"!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villages of Laycock and Goose Eye, West Yorkshire

October 2023

May 2023